February 27, 2011

You can never be to prepare..

Of all the crappy days I've ever had in the whole of my life... On a scale of one to ten, we're talking.. a minus six. And it's not as if I even have very high standards.

I was on my usual Friday walk to the mosque that day and for a long time, I was wearing 'kain pelekat' for the prayers that day.. It had always been a routine of mine every few and then walking my way to the mosque. Seeing my dad had always been to busy to go with me or because my other siblings had gone to their respective colleges earlier than me. Well, u get what i'm trying to say.

* * *

Back to my story, it was a minus six and surely you can anticipate what i am about to write. Being quite the traveler myself, I have quickly learn the many skills a traveler have to offer. One is that u must always plan you're journey. Yes, the mosque is from walking distance but you can never be to sure of what was going to happen. I remember vividly on that day that i checked the weather to prepare myself from heavy rain. But the skies were as clear as a beautiful morning rays can be..

So I had my short journey check and re-checked again after a quick sip of orange juice and quickly lock the doors. My mum wasn't home so I always bring myself a spare key in case anything should comes out. I quickly find my way out the gate door of the house a there I was,, walking my way to the mosque. A 'kain pelekat' covering my legs and a green baju Melayu complimented by a pair of selipar jepun.. I was quite hard walking in those pair of sandals but what the hack, it wasn't as if I planned to run in those.

* * *

Long story short,, a stray dog chased me and it rain heavily that day. I was soaking wet and the blisters on my feet really outdo myself running away from the dog. Well, u can never be to sure of whats to come, so traveling wise, you can never be to prepare.


2 comments:

old friend said...

I notice that this post attracts the least attention.,, nice writing by the way..

Lutfi Adam said...

wahh,, thnks a lot.. old friend.. whoever you are..?? hehe